Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Friday, June 29, 2012

A New Twist to My Reviews

So, I've been thinking a lot lately. I've been wanting to change up my review style or add something to my reviews for a long time. Something to change it up around here and differentiate my blog from others. I've been thinking about what I can do differently for a long time now. 

And then it hit me, right smack in the face like this:

No, but really. I came up with something. 

What do I love doing besides reading? Drawing!...and painting...and the works. 

So, now for every review that I write I am going to (try) to do an art piece that goes along with the book. This will mostly be drawings, most likely from my sketch book. 

These drawings or paintings may be of a specific object or scene from the book, or it may be more symbolic, either from my perspective or from the book's. I'm going to go ahead and say that you won't see a lot of people in these. I'm really bad at drawing human figures. But you may see some faces and portraits somewhere in there. 

Now, I can't promise they will be good. A big part of why I'm doing this is to knock out two birds with one stone. This way I can practice and get in my sketch book pages for next year's AP Art class (I have to do a lot!) and I can add something extra to my reviews. It's really a win-win for me. Hopefully over time I will get better and pick up some more skills. 

And, of course, I hope you guys enjoy them. 

P.S. It may be a little while before you start to see these. I've already got quite a few reviews done and scheduled and I'm not going to go back and do a drawing for them. But, I do have one for Once by Anna Carey, which is due to be up the beginning of next week. 

Let me know what you think of this idea!

And have a wonderful evening!

1 comment: