Book Fanatics Home Challenges Review Policy Friday Posts Reviews Image Map

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)The Last Echo
Kimberly Derting
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: April 27, 2012

In the end, all that's left is an echo...
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye...
I am a big fan of this series. I love the murder-mysteries (something we don't see in YA as much as we should) and I love that Violet's power is so unique. The Last Echo was a good edition to the series. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but I still enjoyed the ride. 


This series has a serious creep factor, and I think The Last Echo topped the other two. It definitely brought a new level to the series. A lot of this has to do with the killer. As with the last two books, we got to see inside the killer's head. This is scary, but it adds a lot to the books. And the killer in The Last Echo is the worst yet.


Violet has been through a lot. She has finally found comfort in the fact that she's not the only one who has powers. She hasn't totally come to terms with her ability, but it's not like before. And I have to say, my heart broke for her at the end of this book. 


And... the love triangle. I knew we couldn't avoid this forever. As with most love triangles, it bothered me and seemed pointless. Rafe, he wasn't the one that bothered me though. He had been through a lot and was hurting. It's mostly the situation that bothered me. But Violet and Jay belong together. 


Overall, I enjoyed the ride that was The Last Echo. It was intriguing and intense at parts. I can't wait to see to see where the next book takes us.

Series reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment